Grace - Art Journal Spread for The Crafter's Workshop

Monday, April 24, 2017

Hi there! In an effort to catch up, I am share a new Art Journal page combining new stencils and media from The Crafter’s Workshop.  I used several new medias; the new heavy body Gold Iridescent paint, Black Modeling Paste and new stencils in multiple sizes!  I wanted to continue my contrast using black, bold colors & gold…
The Crafter’s Workshop provided me with some product to create this project.  The opinions I share are solely my own.
  
 As usual, I began using The Crafter’s Workshop ‘White Gesso’ for a base to my art journal pages… I taped the spine with masking tape beforehand.  I try to gesso a spread in advance and have them ready.Next, I used several shades of pinks, orange and yellow watercolor crayons to create a base of color.  I used a wet paper towel to blend the colors mute the colors a little.I started using Distress Inks and the leaves and branches on part of the ‘Birds on Branches’ stencil.  I created a framework in the corners and edges with those leaves.  Next, I used these coral pigment inks and the large sphere to stencil a mirror image across the spread.I kept the ink light around the leaves to highlight them and not mix the colors.After the inks dried, I used the Black Modeling Paste and a couple of the 6×6 Doodling templates around the edges and borders.
Next, I used this scrumptious gold paint to paint over parts of the designs.I had this quote about Grace on a Pinterest board and used the 2 different sizes with the Modeling Paste to add that word.I filled in the remaining words of the quote across the two pages.  Then I just began to doodle!  Using several different widths of black pens, colors markers and white gel pens to add a final layer of depth.I used the flash to photograph the spread below because I wanted to capture the gorgeous quality and power of the Gold Iridescent paint!
Thanks so much for stopping by and I wish you all Grace throughout your day!
PRODUCTS Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground