give thanks - Scrapbook Circle Digital Cut Files - October

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Hey there!  I love the Fall for so many reasons;  football season, cooler weather, Fall colors and the Holidays!  Looking through my scrapbooks, November is notably a time of reflection and acknowledging the blessings in my life.  I focused on the Digital Cut File, part of the monthly subscription at Scrapbook Circle, to create a layered, textured background for this page.


I knew I wanted to use this photo and after sifting through the kit, I decided to print it in black & white and use the black and white chevron patterned paper behind my cut file paper.  The cut file is a triangular pattern that I randomly folded both back and front, giving the piece texture and a peek at the pattern behind.


I also used the black and white drawn leaf patterned paper and watercolored it using yellows, oranges and peach colors.  Fussy cutting a portion of that painted pattern, I layered it under the photo as well as a white tag and some other embellishments.


I also used the exclusive Scrapbook Circle acrylic script word embellishments, which are clear, and colored the pieces by painting the back with a matching Copic marker.


I love the warmth this layout conveys and more than that, I love the story that the photograph tells!   Thanks for stopping by the Blog today.  You can see the original Blog post HERE!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground