Friend Friday - The Crafter's Workshop & Chameleon Pens

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Hi friends!  Jenni here to share a scrapbook layout I made for The Crafter’s Workshop Blog and yesterday's Friend Friday with Chameleon Pens.
You can find The Crafter's Workshop Blog post HERE and the Chameleon Pens Blog post HERE.  There are amazing projects on each, so check it out!
The Crafter’s Workshop provided me with some product to create this project.  The opinions I share are solely my own.
I wanted to document our recent trip to the Georgia Aquarium and thought the new 6×9 stencil ‘The Sea’ to make some embellishments for my page.
I started with the ‘Tribal Fish’ 12×12 stencil and the new Gel Medium.  I am SO excited about these new mediums that have just been released.  They are so fun to play with and this Gel is like the smoothest cake icing!
After the lay of gel medium is dry, I painted a light wash of blues over the stenciled cardstock.
While my watercolor is drying, I use a finger dauber and some sticky Versamark ink over all of the little fish on ‘The Sea’ stencil.  I added the ink onto a scratch piece of paper, but turn the stencil over to press the inked portion onto smooth paper.
I wanted to use the Chameleon Pens to color the fish, so I used the stencil to emboss the positive part of the stencil, leaving the negative spaces to color.  I add white embossing powder and heat it after each stenciled fish.  Using small scissors, I fussy cut all the fish out.

I use OR4- Sevillle Orange and BR2-Hot Cocoa for the fish and YG3-Spring Meadow for the 2 seashorses I embossed.
I love the way the seahorses turned out.  I am anxious to try the pens on a larger project.  The pens are truly an amazing creation, perfect for traveling!
Finally, I used couple different color threads to stitch lines down the right side of the page,mimicking the ceiling decorations throughout the aquarium.


I added a foam word sticker for my title and some journaling.  I am so pleased with the way it all turned out!  I hope you are inspired to try out these clever markers!
Thanks for stopping by and have an amazing weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground