Cardmaking Month!! {& video }

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Hi everyone!  Happy August!
I am working on putting together a new look for my Blog and some other crafty, exciting things for the future!  I wanted to kick it off with a few cards in the giant array of cardmaking I have had the last few weeks!



I filmed my process which can click on below or go to my YouTube Channel HERE!



I started out with an idea to make three similar cards, using some old 6" Color Magic Papers and then having some stamping or sentiments of sorts on top of it.  I got a few of the Zig Clean Color Brush markers and wanted to use them!


I used Distress Inks to blend a background of blues and greens around the stamped I had heat embossed.  I made a mask out of Post-It tape to cover the ice cream before I inked the back.  I added some twine before adhered it to the front of the misted paper.



For the second card, I used a couple shades of turquoise mist onto one of the resist paper of intricate patterns and doilies.  It turned out beautiful and didn't want to add anything too busy for the embellishment.  I heat embossed a sentiment from Neat & Tangled and punched it out.  I layered it on top a piece of glitter paper punch a size larger.  Finally I adhered both to the front over some pink jute twine and added some paint splatters.


The last card was where I deviated and I love the way it turned out!  I used a large wood grain background stamp to create a tone on tone to my kraft cardstock.  I stamped one of the bird from my favorite Dina Wakley bird stamps.  I used the Zig Clean Color Bush Markers to color it and they are perfect for this type of blending!


I cut both using the Lawn Fawn stitched rectangle dies and adhered them to the front of my card base.  I added a little dot of black enamel accents to the bird's eye.  I had planned to add sequins or wood veneers and finally decided to keep it simple with one tiny heart in the bottom corner!


I have had a lot of fun, albeit frenzied, making so many cards this summer.  My parents always encouraged me to make handmade cards as a little girl and I have been every since.  I truly feel like it is gift in itself!

Thanks for stopping by and come back to see more!
Have an amazing day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground