Wintery Art Journal - The Crafter's Workshop

Monday, March 7, 2016


Hi there friends!  I have an art journal spread for The Crafter's Workshop that I filmed my process of to share with you below.


The Crafter’s Workshop provided me with some product to create this project. The opinions I share are solely my own.



I used the three stencils below to create a wintery scene on top of a painted  and collaged paper background.






Using the 12×12 Leafy Branch stencil I added some black Distress Ink creating a frame around the corners.


I added a pearlescent modeling paste over the small snowflake stencil in several large circles around the pages.  This Ice Flake stencil and a quote from an Ed Sheeran song were my original inspiration.  After sketching out a face and painting it with various media, I stamped out the song lyric…”It’s too cold outside, for ANGELS to fly.”




You can see the 6×6 Mini Elegant Motif that I used as angel “wings” with a white molding paste.




This is the way it tuned out!  I had lots of fun making this layout, loose and fairly unplanned, which is always therapeutic for me!  I hope you check out the video too.

Too Cold_TCW_February 2016 final
You can see the 6×6 Mini Elegant Motif that I used as angel “wings” with a white molding paste.  This is the way it tuned out!  I had lots of fun making this layout, loose and fairly unplanned, which is always therapeutic for me!  I hope you check out the video too.
Thanks for stopping by today!  You can follow the link below to the stencils I used:
STENCILS Used:




2 comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground