you + me 2015 - Scrapbook Circle DT Choice

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Today I am sharing this layout I created using the Scrapbook Circle
February ‘Only You’ main kit and the ‘Date Night’ Add-on.


I love this patterned paper from Crate Paper, but couldn’t work out how to use a rectangular photo with all the angles in the paper.  I finally decided to cut out some of the triangles in the pattern and place my photo behind them, using the angles to frame it.  I also cut out a few other ones and backed them with black cardstock, providing lots of contrast and separating our faces from the similar colors in the paper.


Then I used those black spaces to fill with embellishments…and I mean fill!  One triangle with word stickers or puffy stickers, one I created an acetate pocket filled with heart confetti and another with the gorgeous gold conversation hearts.


The largest black space under the photo I added the exclusive acrylic words ‘you + me’ for my title and year using the puffy number stickers from Heidi Swapp.


I love the way it turned out!  A little over the top and heavy with embellishments, but a nice challenge to push me out of my comfort zone a bit!
Thanks for stopping by the Blog today.  Have an amazing week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground