Black & White Photos - Scrapbook Circle October Technique Challenge

Monday, October 19, 2015

Scrapbook Circle has a new challenge this month to use a black and white photo in your layout.
Or, like I did, print a color photo in black and white!  I love using this technique, especially to highlight paper or embellishments with lots of color, like those in the 'Mix Tape' October kit.


This gorgeous patterned paper from Bella Blvd. was almost too pretty to cut up, but I wanted to use a good bit of white space to help break up the color.  I didn't use a paper trimmer, just scissors to quickly trim the paper.  The black and white stripe is on the opposite side of this rainbow chevron.



I used a cloud punch on some of the Dear Lizzy 6x6 papers and to the Scrapbook Circle printable to add some coordinating colors around the page.  I added a couple other embellishments and word phrase strips to make little clusters of colors.


The little puffy stickers from Evalicious that are part of the main kit are so cute too!



The date tag was also from the Scrapbook Circle printable.  I trimmed a piece of this paper from Pink Paislee at the bottom for a place to add some journaling and the acrylic word 'thankful' that is another Scrapbook Circle exclusive for my title.  



I love using this technique because it features the best of both worlds...lots of color that doesn't take away from the photo, but helps add contrast to a black and white picture!

This Technique Challenge, with an awesome prize from BasicGrey is going on until November 4th!  You can read the original post HERE and upload your layout to that post or to the Scrapbook Circle Facebook page!

Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground