Fly Away Art Journal - The Crafter's Workshop June

Friday, June 12, 2015

Hi there stencil lovers!!
I shared an Art Journal layout for my post on The Crafter's Workshop Blog last week, inspired by all the butterfly stencils and a lyric from the amazing James Morrison.  I am new to Art Journaling as we know it now, but have always kept a journal or sketch book within hands reach.
TCW_Fly Away Art Journal_June 2015 Final 2
Below are the stencils I used on my project!
Fly Away Art Journal Stencils
I started with several different mists on my pages and misted them heavily with water let them blend naturally and give a watercolor effect.
TCW_Fly Away Art Journal_June 2015 (2)
I used the 6x6 Mini Believe Script stencil and some dark brown mist on a neutral wood grain paper.
TCW_Fly Away Art Journal_June 2015 (12)
I hand cut circles in varying sizes out of the misted paper and arranged them across the pages.
TCW_Fly Away Art Journal_June 2015 (16)
I used an ink blending tool and black ink with the 'Chlorophyll' stencil to "bookmark" the edges.
TCW_Fly Away Art Journal_June 2015 (20)
Using matte medium, I adhered the stenciled circles and to seal both pages with an even coat.
TCW_Fly Away Art Journal_June 2015 (21)
One of my favorite new stencils is the 'Mini Butterfly Collage.'  I used it to add an iridescent modeling cream over the tea stain like circles.  Using washi tape to mask of the butterfly in the center of the larger circle, I added them around all the patterned paper.
TCW_Fly Away Art Journal_June 2015 (26)
I also used some tiny wood alpha stamps to stamp out my song lyric in a wavy pattern around the spread, ending the phrase with a larger, bolder font.
TCW_Fly Away Art Journal_June 2015 (29)
Using a plain white modeling paste, I added different sized butterflies and dragonflies to each circle using both the 'Whimsy Garden' and the 'Butterfly Collage' stencil again.  Once the modeling paste was dry, I painted them with watercolors and gelatos.  Originally I was fairly loose and let the paint drip and puddle, but later went back and cleaned them up a bit.
TCW_Fly Away Art Journal_June 2015 (31)
Then I just doodled and played with markers and paint pens in curvy winding lines around the words and circles.  The black and white reminds me of 'The Nightmare Before Christmas' by Tim Burton.
TCW_Fly Away Art Journal_June 2015 (34)
Finally, I added more doodling and markers around the butterflies and misted the title using the 'Fly Away' stencil in the bottom right corner.
TCW_Fly Away Art Journal_June 2015 (41)
The last thing I did was to drop some ink splatters across both pages.
TCW_Fly Away Art Journal_June 2015 (43)
One of my favorite inspirations for anything creative is music!

Stencils used:
Thanks for stopping by the Blog today hope you have an amazing day!

2 comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground