XOXO - My Own Sketch - Come On Get Crafty

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day!
Our kids have a long weekend because of President's Day on Monday, so this might be a great time to fit in some scrapbooking!  Come On Get Crafty has started a few new awesome weekly posts including a sketch, optionally done by the designer!  I loved this challenge and created the sketch below.  I have always made rough sketches of my ideas, so hand drawing one was the way I decided to go!

 
 
The main reason I designed this sketch is because I wanted to use Project Life cards instead of paper.  I love the idea of Project Life and although I don't do it now, don't discount it in the future.  I do love the idea, the cards and organized approach and in this case, the ease of choosing colors and patterns that all work perfectly! 
 

I chose two cards, one hot pink, one teal and in different texts and size of pattern.  I wanted to use some gold accents and cut out a couple of the tiny accents from Basic Grey.  I also fussy cut out a
couple doilies from the Crate Paper vellum and anchored both sides of my design with it.


The perfect complement to these colors was a contrasting pop of black!  I used a couple of the chalkboard stickers from Jen Hadfield for my journaling and my title in the Amy Tangerine foam Thicker phrases.  I also threw on some India ink splatters to really tie in the black and mounted the whole piece ot a hot pink background from Dear Lizzy.


I hope this sketch inspires you to create a layout of card or other project, of not from the sketch,
then maybe the colors or combination of Project Life cards with other traditional scrapbooking products!
Thanks for stopping by today and have an amazing day!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground