Surrounding Spring - Scrapbook Circle Designer's Choice

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

On the Scrapbook Circle Blog today sharing one of my pages using the February ‘Today Is Beautiful‘ kit and the ‘Dream Big’ add-on.   The photo I am scrapping inspired every decision about this layout, from the color palette, to the repeating, to the embellishments pointing to the center.
 
SURROUNDING SPRING_SBC_Feb border
 
I do have to give credit to my husband for this Instagram photo he took! My daughter had a friend over and they spent hours playing in the backyard.  Later we found the project they had been working on,  carefully placing white gravel and red berries in a heart share around these new daffodils!  It was such an unexpected surprise to come across that it had to be documented.
 
SURROUNDING SPRING_SBC_Feb. 2015 (9)
 
I really wanted the photo to stand out and tried to keep it as simple as possible, using just a few embellishments all directing your eye to the center, quite literally, with arrows.  I thought this red polka dot paper from Authentique was perfect, but toned it down with a piece of vellum on top of it.  I also wanted to soften it a bit more by tearing the corners.  The vellum curled around the torn edges and gave me the inspiration for the title.
 
SURROUNDING SPRING_SBC_Feb. 2015 (1)
 
One of the best exclusives in the kit this month are the gorgeous colored vellum die cuts.  Obviously, the red one was perfect for this.   I chose a few other vellum die cut pieces from the Maggie Holmes ephemera pack.  Over embellishment is easy for me to do, so I had to show some restraint to keep my page simple.  I am a huge fan of pretty papers and products, but the photo was the most important part of this creation.
 
I hope this finds you all surrounded by a little love too, in whatever form it may be!  Have an amazing day!
 
 
 
 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground