A Mini Album + New Video series - #tbt

Monday, February 2, 2015

Hi everyone!  I am excited to share a new idea for a video series I am going to do called #tbt!
I will focus on products way, WAY back in my stash and combine them with newer
products from the same manufacturer or designer.

While filing away the giant stack of scrapbook layouts after Christmas, I started sifting through lots of old idea books and looking through a lot of my all time fav inspiring scrappers.  When I first began scrapping, vellum and acetate were pretty popular as well as script stamps and titles.  They have come full circle and back into popularity.  It made me look back at some of my products and tools that I have hoarded since then, and happy I did!  With all that in my head, I decided to finally finish this mini album I started for my daughter.

Click on the link below to see my process video or click HERE to see it on my YouTube channel.


My first focus for this series is Heidi Swapp.  I love her style, always have!  She had word phrase roller stamps 9+ years ago and her new collections are so innovative and amazing.


This is the opening page in the album and a hidden journaling card that starts to describe the premise of the book.  I pulled about 5 different patterns of paper from September Skies and Mixed Company, white cardstock, her Project Life set with watercolor and color magic die cut tags, some of her mistable and die cut embellishments, vellum, doilies, and 2 rolls of washi.  I wanted to keep it simple and stick to a color palette of white, pink, turquoise, yellow and gold.  I printed all my photos in black and white, to make them pop against all these colors.




I misted on the 4x6 color magic cards and watercolored the 2x3 die cut cards.


I used plain white shipping tags and used a variety of older stamps, newer stencils
and just paint to add a little background pattern to my journaling.


I painted the edges of all the tags with gold paint to make them stand out a bit
and backed at least one page with a layer of dry embossed vellum.




I thought the vellum was a great way to tone down the color in the teal but still be able to read the words.


A few of the journaling ideas came from a couple blogs I found on Pinterest, advice for your girls.
http://www.thankyourbody.com/31-life-lessons-want-daughter-know/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lindsey-mead-russell/ten-things-ten-years-olds-should-know_b_1553134.html


I used a few of Heidi's mini stamps here and there.  I also rounded most
of the corners, since her Project Life kit has all rounded corners.


I used a gold doily on this last page and wrote directly on the page.


The cover of the album was done about 9 months or so ago and the process video of it is below!


Thanks so much for stopping by and checking out my album!  Hopefully I'll have a new #tbt
video every week as part of this series!  Happy February and have an amazing week!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground