WASAAP? & Tutorial - Scrapbook Circle Be Real (& Circle Round Up)

Saturday, July 19, 2014

The 'Be Real' post on the Scrapbook Circle Blog is reserved for scrapping the everyday,
either thru Project Life or thru Instagram.  I used this Instagram photo of a recent evening with
good friends including our godson.  He and our son are only 6 months apart and are both serious posers!


I also chose to use the July Circle Round Up as inspiration!


I knew I wanted to use the clear plastic stars from Studio Calico as the Add-on accent, but
didn't want them to disappear.  I decided to stamp on top of them with white Staz-On ink
and used a stripe roller stamp to mimic the stripes in the yellow background paper.


I re-inked my stamp pad to make sure it was pretty juicy, since the white dries out pretty quick.
Then I used a tiny bit of removable adhesive to stick the stars on my craft mat.
I didn't want them to slide around with the roller and not get a clean stripe.



It worked great with only one pass on each star, but the roller and my craft mat were really sticky!
It was almost like modeling paste, I had to wash the mat with warm water and rolled the stamp in cleaner.


 It actually made me think that modeling paste would have been really cool,
especially with polka dots or maybe small stars!  



Stamping on them also let me hide a tiny bit of adhesive until I could stitch them to my page.

I embellished with several pieces of the Scrapbook Circle July printable, some stickers and die cuts.
Between these hamsters in the photo and the Circle Round-up this LO came together really fast!



Thanks for stopping by!
Visit the Idea Gallery on the Blog to check out the rest of the DT projects for this months kit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground