Come On Get Crafty - 1st Post 'Why Didn't I Think of That?'

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Today is my first post as a DT member at Come On Get Crafty!  I am so excited to be a part of this amazingly talented team and can't wait to share my projects with everyone

I made a December Daily album last year and had reorganized most of my papers & embellishments into Seasonal instead of by manufacturer.  Although I think that is great for holiday projects, I forget about shopping in that part of my craft room for supplies the rest of the year.  I have piles of summer photos to scrap and most of the pictures are full of primary colors.  What a great way to use seasonal papers in the summertime!   I thought the holiday papers from Lawn Fawn were perfect for this idea with mostly tone on tone colored patterns.


I used a couple other papers from Lily Bee Design and Bella Blvd. to add blue, yellow
and black to the color palette.  I punched circles from the patterned papers and
layered them behind a circle background template I cut using my Silhouette.
I added a few stickers and die-cuts from Pink Paislee to add some details.
I also watercolored the title I cut from my Silhouette.


I added some watercolor to my Silhouette cut title to tie in those colors.



I love the pop of black this circle I punched from a Bella Blvd. paper adds.


With all the new collections about to be available on the market, this may be the perfect
time to use some of last years holiday products in a new way!  I need to do more of this...
too much stash to work thru!  :)  Thanks so much for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground