you make me HAPPY - Kreative Koncepts April Color Challenge

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The 15th of the month marks a new color challenge up at Kreative Koncepts/Scrap Friends!


One of the best things about a color challenge like this one for April, is that you can decide how
much of each color to use, which will dominate the page, etc.  I think this is a great way
to make a powerful statement with one of the colors...
That is how I tried to use the purple color from the color chart, as a punch for the hearts and raindrops.


Click HERE for the original Blog post with the Challenge details and all the other DT takes on the challenge


I had decided at the beginning of this DT that all my color challenges would be using a black and white photo...that makes it easier to me to not be limited by pattern or colors in the photo.  In a way, this background paper is a bit of a cheat since it has 3 of the colors in the pattern itself.  I wouldn't normally do
that, but I love the way the colors are washed together and it felt Spring-ish too.


I was inspired to use the clouds and raindrops from this Pink Paislee stamp set.
I chose the phrase "you make me happy..." and I heat embossed it in white in the middle of the page.
I used other hints of the blue, green and yellow in the cluster of chipboard frames under the photo.


I didn't want this to be sad because obviously, my son brings so much sunshine into my life,
so I decided on purple raindrops...they would provide that punch from the one strong color
and something a little unexpected.  I also wanted to add the hearts like it was raining love...
sappy, I know.  That is what my little man does to me.


Go check out the BLOG and be sure to link up your project for everyone to see and to enter the challenge!
Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful layout! Love the fun background that you created and the sweet photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Jenni! What a darling moment captured. Perfect use for the SC paper and all the colorful details are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this design! The clouds! The hearts! The rain drops! It is all just lovely. Pinned it!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground