live fresh - kreative koncepts / Scrap Friends April Sketch Challenge #24

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

I am so excited to share the new April Sketch Challenge #24 at Kreative Koncepts/ScrapFriends!
I had so much fun playing with gelatos and masks and just got messy and sparkly...and pink!


This is the sketch below and as you can see, I turned it 90 degrees so that the triangles would be on the top edge.  I love the sketches that Zeneva does because they are inspiring with lots left up to interpretation!


This was an instagram of these gorgeous roses I bought for a little party we had for my daughter's birthday.
We combined it with my neices too, who's birthday is a week eaerlier.  The roses were so
vibrant and they lasted nine days before they really started to look too bad.  I always buy roses
since my daughter's middle name is Rose and these were so so vivid they almost looked unreal.


I started out misting the background with Color Shine in Chartreuse on a triangle mask.  
Then I layered a pale pink wash of watercolors on top pf that.  After that all dried, I used
another text mask and some metallic gold embossing paste from Dreamweaver.
It is so lusious and easy to work with.  A little goes a long way too. 


I layered lots of ephemera from Heidi Swapp that I misted as well as layers of 6x6, a paint swatch,
gold metallic wood grain paper and lots of other odds and ends.  


For the triangle I wanted to give them lots and lots of texture to go along with the layers
of flowers and flower petals.  I took several colors of pinks, peach and orange gelatos
and covered these pleated print strips from dark to light.  There are several different
patterns, text, ledger, etc. and they are pleated and stitched at the top.
After they dried I cut them into to triangle and stitched them to the page.  


I wasn't sure how it would look but am pleased with the result!  You can see the original
 post with all the DT and Guest DT members interpretations of the sketch HERE.
As usual, the variety and inspiration is boundless!  I can't wait to see what everyone
submits for this sketch!  You can enter until April 30th to enter the challenge!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground