#insta love - Mixed Media Studio Calico class

Monday, April 14, 2014

I have been taking the Mixed Media class going on now at Studio Calico and it has been very inspirational...
I love to play with medias on my pages anyway, but a fresh outlook is always welcome...
and some of the colors combos the girls use are just divine...
 

This is an instagram photo of this giant bucket we keep outside of soccer balls, footballs, tennis balls for the dog, lots of outside stuff at the ready!  Which is a sure sign of Spring!  Finally, thank goodness!

 
I love all the hand stitching, but haven't done too much of it before, I loved the pop of black in this
tag to go with the die cut from my Silhouette and the blacks in the photos.  I used the technique that
Anna Maria teaches int he class to apply a thin layer of gesso on your cardstock, then wet it and
drop watercolors or mist onto the wet paper, adding a second color when the first is almost dried.
 

I think it will take lots of practice, but I loved the colors with the striped paper from
Studio Calico.  More than anything, it is fun to play, no pressure, just playing with
papers and paint and some fabulous embellishments!

 
Thanks for checking it out!  Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground