10. A Mini Album Cover & Video - kreative koncepts / Scrap Friends

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Hi everyone!  This is the tutorial process video I am sharing on the kreative koncepts/Scrap Friends blog today!

I decided to do something a little different.  Instead of a scrapbook layout, I
decorated a piece of thin canvas for a mini album cover.  My daughter recently
turned 10 years old and I wanted to do something to document it!  I want to
make a page for each birthday or just one from each month of her 9th year...
Either way, I knew I wanted to do a cover piece & play with some stamps and stencils.


I used several papers with text or subtle patterns to make a collage background.
Then I did some stamping and used a 6x6 stencil with this lovely iridescent
modeling cream on top of the collage.  I added more layers including a doily
underneath a scalloped wood veneer that I embossed with gold.  I wanted to
make the cover really layered and full of texture, but simple at the same time!

The video below shows a sped up version of my process and the products I used!  



These are a couple close up photos to show the details.

I hope you enjoy the video and are inspired to try a little something
different for your next mini album, canvas, or even on a layout!
Check out the kreative koncepts Blog for all the fun videos and tutorials!

Thanks for stopping by and letting me share my process,
and the chatting that went along with it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground