BOY TOY - Scrapbook Circle March DT Choice

Sunday, March 23, 2014

I wanted to share a layout using the Portobello Road main kit and the Street Market add-on.  It is featured on the Scrapbook Circle Blog today and actually turned out to be one of my favorites from the March kit.  I love lots of layers, getting loose and artsy, but the Virgo in me sometimes craves a neat, orderly page design.

This months kit is full of pieces of the new "Boy's Rule" collection from Crate Paper,
so, of course I had to use some of the many photos I had of my son's legos, toys, etc.
The journaling cards in the kit from Crate Paper are such a great way to stretch your supplies and use in lots of different ways.  I didn’t use any on this LO for actual journaling.


I used them for the title and as patterned paper.  I trimmed them down and rounded all the corners.  I cut some of the other papers down to the same size as the journaling cards and used them as photo mats.  The tension on my sewing machine was off and it came out messier
than I would have liked, but in the end I decided, it is a boy page and liked the look...
Maybe that was my justification for accepting what happened and trying to make the best of it! ;)


The circular Element stickers from BasicGrey, part of the add-on, were perfect to highlight the photo and break up the grid.  I used dimensional adhesive to pop up random pieces, like the Scrapbook Circle stamp in the middle.


The main kit with these fantastic papers and the set of 20 journaling cards is still available! Check it out HERE and the other items included in the March kit.
Be sure to hop over to the Idea Gallery too and see all the DT member’s pages!

Thanks for stopping by today and have a great one!

3 comments:

  1. I love what you did with these products! Amazing boy layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice layout! Very boy themed...I have never done a boy themed page...I like all the atc size cards on your page.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground