WISH COME TRUE. Scrapfriends December Sketch Challenge

Saturday, December 28, 2013

I loved this sketch from Scrapfriends and even though this is such a crazy busy time, I had to squeeze it in!
And since these photos were taken almost exactly 7 years ago...a little birthday homage to my baby.




I love their sketches so much because they fit with my style of layers and patterns and lots going on!
And I think they are pretty specific but at the same time open for interpretation!


I interpreted the dark paint lines as layers of vellum, colored, plain
and the star pattern acetate over watercolors.


I interpreted the polka dots or dot pattern as stars and punched them
as well as used silver and white modeling paste with a stencil.


These pictures of my son were taken the day we got home from the hospital on Christmas Eve.
He decided to show up almost 4 weeks early and while it was unexpected, unplanned and painful, literally...
it is still the best Christmas present I have ever gotten!


4 comments:

  1. I love your layout! The sweet picture and the different shades of blue/green - absolutly perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I agree with Alexandra - that colouring is sensational, so are the vellum layers....very clever!!! I like the stars, too ---- sooo much to look at.... As always, LOOOVE you joining us at Scrap Friends:):):)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work! LOVE your background colouring and layers...and the stars! Always great to have you joining in the fun with us at Scrap Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How utterly beautiful! That layering of watercolors and vellum make for such a soft, gorgeous background! So excited to be working with you at ScrapFriends!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground