find your wings and FLy! & Video - Color Me Scrappy Challenge #48

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

This is the last challenge of mine as a DT member at the Color me Scrappy Blog.

The colors are so nice and Fall-ish but still warm and trendy with all the current collections on the market!
Check out the Color Me Scrappy Blog for the original post that shows all the amazing pages 
the DT came up with HERE.

One of the things I love about their color challenges is that they are very thoughtfully chosen for the season
and trending embellishments and styles.  It makes it fun to put together pages, kind of gets you in the mood of the season!  

Click on the video below to view my Start to Finish Process of this page or go to my YouTube Channel!


I used a pretty large range of supplies and products and things from a couple years ago to brand new collections.  
This photo is a couple years old and of my daughter at a local park on top of a climbing rock.
She was the "Queen of the World", until she had to move so that her brother could be the "King of the World" 
and then they both had to move for the next kiddo to be King or Queen!  

My husband took this pic with the Hipstamatic App on his phone and I thought the effects were perfect
for a page about finding your wings...


I also included several travel based items, this airmail envelope, map prints, etc. to reinforce the idea of 
getting out into the world...even though my daughter is nine, nine more will fly by in the blink of an eye!


I stamped on some feathers I die cut using my Silhouette and then distressed the edges a bit with ink.


I am all about adding watercolor to every page right now, it has taken the place of stitching it seems.

Thanks so much for stopping by and make sure to check out the CMS Challenge and participate!
The prize is a Mystery Bag...like a little early Christmas present! :)

I also want to thank Pam and Lisa and all the ladies on the Design Team for including me in 
their talented group and becoming friends that I will keep up with through this journey of Scrapbooking!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground