RECORDED blue.bird - Elle's Studio + Jenni Bowlin Blog Hop!!

Friday, June 21, 2013



I was thrilled to be a part of the Elle's Studio / JBS Blog Hop this week!
Well it is actually still going, until June 24th!  

Both the Cameron collection from Elle's Studio and the Modern Mercantile from Jenni Bowlin are beautiful.
And although at first glance, seem very different, they worked so well together!  
I think that says a lot about the versatility of the collection!  Cameron is Elle's Studio's
first "boy" themed collection, and that is why I decided to do a very light, feminine page.
To show just how versatile it could be!

I love the soft greens and blues from Jenni Bowlin and the die cut feathers might be my new favorite!


Ok, let me back up...I wanted to scrap these photos from my daughter's first voice recital.
She looked so pretty and she was AMAZING!  All alone on a stage in front of at least 300 people or so.
She was calm, cool and collected...very unlike her mother! ;)
The song she performed was one of my favorites by Sara Bareilles "Bluebird"
I have a little crush on birds, mostly cardinals, but I'll take bluebirds any day.
So, she sang and became our little songbird.  Daddy brought her a dozen white roses. Sniff, sniff.


One of the pieces of the cut apart journaling sheet from Jenni Bowlin had this 'RECORDED'
title and was perfect as a backdrop for some of the lyrics I printed out on vellum.

JBS also has these thumb tack rubons that have numbers and other symbols on them...
I used the little one with the heart to draw the eye down to that bottom cluster and help balance 
out the dark parts of the photos.  And I am a pretty hard critic when it comes to rubons...
Unless it is really loose project or mixed media, I think rubons should really come off smooth and easy.
These work like a dream since it was over an uneven surface!  

I used the alpha stamp set that is part of the Cameron collection to stamp 'blubird' on that journaling card.


The Blog Hop is going on through Monday the 24th!
Go check out all the really cool creations our DT and the designer's from JBS came up with!

And, there are PRIZES to be won!!  So go HERE and check it out...no, really.  Go! :)
Happy Friday!


2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!! Love how you used the products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great page! Love the colours you used, and those tied feathers are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground