spread the love about...and a little personal Scrapbook analysis!

Tuesday, April 23, 2013



Polka dot, polka dot, polka dot!
Thought I would take a cue from the bongos and incorporate 
as many polka dots and circles as possible!  

I love this photo of my son on the kitchen floor (after a bath, ahem...) just drumming a beat!
My husband is a drummer and we have lots of drums and guitars  and music always playing...
and if it isn't being played then Sofia is humming, completely unaware that she does it ALL the time.
And Sam is constantly drumming on something.  I think it is pretty fabulous, 
(sometimes, to be honest, it is annoying and I have to ask for the silent game)
but, most of the time I think it is cool...and they are usually in sync (heh...in sync)
Anyway, here is Bongo Boy, as he was dubbed by Daddy.



I literally just grabbed a bunch of stuff that was blue, kraft and green & thought it 
was just going to come together in one of those great scrapbook moments where it 
magically falls into place in 20 minutes...and instead it just sat on my desk for 3 days, 
which is a long time lately...it wanted something, needed something. 
I wish I could say I figured it out, but I didn't...


 

I did figure out that making myself a little "kit" to work with is really a great way 
to keep myself from becoming overwhelmed by the possibilities of using all this 
product surrounding me...I love going "shoppping" in my stash for the perfect
embellishment or little piece I think is missing, but I can't start out that way 
or I would never get anything but a scrapanxiety attack ;)

I also figured out, mostly by editing my own process videos, that aside from 
hearing my Southern accent over and over, which always sounds kinda cool 
in my inner monologue, that I have developed a style.  
It is evolving and will continue to do so, but there are certain things that I am 
pretty predictable about doing over and over.  And I am ok with that....
for one thing, looking back at albums it won't be too much of a drastic change.  
I think the time is reflected in trending styles and products, but I don't want to 
scrap like someone I am not...and it is kind of nice to take a step back 
and look at my own work, instead of the constant comparison 
that I think happens a lot with designers today.

I could be completely mistaken, in which case, this post may count as therapy?!
But, I do think it is important to remind myself that while I want to make pretty 
pages and beautiful things to inspire, share and evoke a response,I started doing 
this for the love of crafting and keeping memories.  I don't mind that I don't 
always journal, or maybe my journaling is hidden like a little note for my 
kids or whomever later, I just don't want to get too caught up in keeping 
the memories that I forget to enjoy the ones I am or could be making...

Whew...that was a mouthful!  I feel better!  
If you feel the same way or differently, please comment...I'd love to hear it!  
If not, then that's ok too...thanks for sticking to the end, if only to see if there was an end!  ;)


  {  I think it is kind of ironic that the flair button above says "try new things"...
but that is sort of the message to my son! ;)  }

1 comment:

  1. I love the peak of the big blue dots on the bottom!! great page! :)

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground