mirror mirror

Tuesday, July 17, 2012


When I saw the Scrap Fit Challenge colors, they looked retro
to me, combined with the colors from the Scrapbook Circle kit,
the woodgrain and cardstock, etc. and the MME die cut of the word "retro"
I knew this would be the perfect photos...
Here is the link to the Scrap Fit Challenge:


I have had these photos for years and only found them while
moving my craft room around...My mother-in-law is all
about recreating pictures of family members in similar poses.
Sofia was playing with this doctor kit at their house and she
remembered  this photo she had taken of Shawn 35 YEARS ago. 
She took the photo of Sofia with the old photo in mind, but didn't realize
that they were so eerily similar until after she found the old original
picture.  She is definitely her Daddy's girl, even their expressions are close...
kinda crazy.


I cut the woodgrain paper, from Echo Park's "So Happy Together"
Collection and rolled back the edges to make it look like these pictures
were hiding underneath...don't think I quite got that point
across but maybe next time! 

4 comments:

  1. I found you from Scrap Fit. I really like all the details on your layout. Cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do look alike!! These colors are perfect for the retro feel you have here and so perfect to showcase these fun photos!! Thanks for working out with us at ScrapFIT! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your story cracks me up! You rock on the color challenge. Love your use of "negative" in your title and those cute little hangers are adorable.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh your page is TOO cute!!! LOVE all the fun going on here and those papers and colors are perfect!!! Thanks sooo much for playing along with ScrapFIT!!!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground